- God the Abba Father (all throughout the Book of John, Matthew)
- God the King (Psalm 145:1 - A psalm of praise. Of David. I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.)
- God the Savior (Luke 1:46-47 - My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior)
- God the Friend (John 15:15 - I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.)
- God the Abba Father: We are loved, we are accepted, we can forgive people and ourself. We are secure people.
- God the King: We obey Him, we are not subject to the whims and lack of faith. We become vessels that wish to glorify our King. And we learn to obey authority and spiritual authority in our earthly leaders.
- God the Savior: We have hope. We do not break completely, even when we are hurt and broken. We do not give up nor do we succumb and surrender to the pressures of this world and the devil.
- God the Friend: He seeks us and are found by us. We seek Him and are found by Him. We desire each other's presence as peers and friends.
"If you cannot describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you are doing."
Ephesians 6:10-13"10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
*Edit: The reason I think it's very vital that we are familiar with at least all 4 relationships above with God is because it'll impact more than just what we do/express about our faith. It'll help us rethink who God is in our lives. And that will change the nature and quality of our faith. You might not whine about your day to God if you only know about God as your King. You might not be able to sit still and just rest in Him if you do not know that God is your Father, etc. But when our understanding of God is as wholesome as possible (or on the way towards wholesomeness), then we are continually being transformed to be more and more like Jesus and exhibit growth in all 9 qualities of the Fruit of the Spirit. -thanks Noah for the feedback!